Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day


We were so excited for Memorial Day to come! Big plans of riding the trails! BUT...if you know us at all...trail rides, camping, and Lepperts all go with RAIN! We decided to have a little faith and just go anyway! I have to say, the first ride everyone went on was in pouring rain! The good news is, everyone else left the park and we had it to ourselves the rest of the day!! IT did quit raining and we had a nice long ride without rain! There aren't very many pictures..sorry nana..I didn't get the camera out at all til after the rain quit and I couldn't ride the beast and take pictures!

Shy Freedom and Dash...aka the beast! I love riding him for some crazy reason..he is never good, doesn't stop if he gets going,probably too small for me... and he is not relaxing to ride... and I like him...
I have to say..I love the idea of riding, but I am a big chicken. I don't remember riding much last year and Dash hadn't been ridden at all this year yet...so when we started down the trail and he was chomping at the bit to go, I was pretty nervous!!! After we got going a bit, we started to enjoy the ride...til we came to "the hill"! It looked pretty steep and VERY muddy and slippery..I asked Jeff if I should walk him down and he said, "no you will be fine"! Famous last words...Dash started slipping down the hill and lost his balance..He was trying to regain his balance and get down the hill and I went off! Don't really think I had much choice...now here is the good part about riding a small horse..the ground is really close! Calvin came back and ponied Dash the rest of the way down and I climbed back on and had a good ride the rest of the day! The bad news about a small horse is..when it is muddy you are also close to the mud!

Bryn and Breeze getting ready to go...

Ok this is why Ilike this horse..isn't he beautiful?
We really had a wonderful day. Jeff got to ride Freedom quite a bit and she did fantastic! We spent the day with friends relaxing and having fun! Ate cold leftover bologna sandwiches in the back of a horse trailer by a fire during a down pour....but we were with friends and we had a good time! Another memory maker day in the Leppert family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

. sarah . said...

Definitely sound memorable! That right there is why I'm not a horse person, I have trust issues with them, it all goes back to Ray's horse Rosie!! I'm glad it was a small horse and you didn't have far to fall :)

photozmom said...

What a day! I have to agree with Sarah !! I have had a couple of those experiences, myself! Sounds like you had a great day and lots of good fellowship!