Friday, April 2, 2010

Hannibal trip day 2


We are having a wonderful time down here! I wish we would have thought to come here when the boys were home....BUT it is definitely a touristy picture taking place and I KNOW how much the boys love to pose for pictures...they may not have enjoyed it like we did!! Although for some reason, Alex seems to be outgrowing his love of having his picture taken....?

We chose to WALK up the 244 steps to visit this lighthouse! I was thinking..or not thinking...how much fun it would be to say we walked up there..and enjoyed the fresh outdoors and exercise...wow...I guess I am out of shape after a long winter..Jeff and I were both a little out of breath when we hit the top..but NOT crawling up the steps about to die like the guy we saw on our way back down!! Seriously...I wonder if he survived...it didn't look good! The steps in the picture are NOT all of the steps..that is just the last set...out of about 4..

After we came back down from the light house we walked over to the start of the museum tour...it is 7 different buildings you can go through...Mark Twains boyhood home, a drug store, his fathers law office...to name a few. It was very interesting. The first building was a time line of his life...had stories of things he said and did growing up and a lot of history about his family.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: