Friday, April 2, 2010

A Riverboat cruise

As soon as I saw this riverboat in the harbor last night, I knew a cruise would be incredible! AND IT WAS! It as an hour long cruise up the Mississippi..I was soo excited..even though the closer it got to time to set sail..the clouds were rolling in and the wind was picking up...not the sunny "tanning" experience I was hoping for! But we had a blast.

The boat had three decks and you could ride inside or out on one of the decks...we picked outside!

The captain kept us entertained with stories as we went along..he told us about the indian maiden and her lover who jumped off Lovers Leap...the indian brave was named Falling Rock..they never found him, but kept looking..hence all the road signs..."Watch for Falling Rock"!!!! He did mention at the start that if we had questions, he could make up incredible answers!!!

We tried a few different spots on the boat..top front deck, back top deck, side middle deck...top front was best...although the back was where we ended up..

No comments: